Quo Forth development history
Description of the page content
Development history of Quo Forth, a Forth system for SMSQ/E.
- Forked eForth 1.03 for Sinclair QL (by Salvador Merino, 1992).
- Started with version 0.0.0.
- First layout changes in the source code.
- Most labels renamed with meaningful names, using a clear convention.
- Removed the
jsr do_colonfor alignement; they are unnecessary because the header macro aligns the pointer.
- Changed the format of the version number, renamed
version; and modified them according to the new format of the number.
- Changed the format of the version number, after semver; renamed
versionand modified them accordingly.
- Fixed the window definition block: ink color was missing.
- Renamed more label with meaningful names.
- Renamed some words after standard Forth.
- Starded adapting the memory map.
?branchfor the opposite condition. Both of them jump into
branch, which save some code.
- Created a macro to compile user variables.
- Added short branches where possible.
- Added header macros to the definitions that were compiled without them.
- Started updating the stack comments of Forth words after a modern notation.
- Added a job entry and rewrote
byeto kill the current job.