Description of the page content
Forth compiler written in Forth with Gforth to write, on GNU/Linux, Forth programs for ZX Spectrum and compatible computers.
Active project. Started on 2010-04-22. 5% completed.
Sin Forth is a Forth compiler, written in Gforth, to be used on GNU/Linux in order to create Z80 machino code programs for ZX Spectrum and compatible.
- The compiler adds to the target program only the necessary words. Each word is written in its own library file.
- The object code is subroutine threaded (STC). This makes it possible to combine Forth code and Z80 assembly without limitations.
- Therefore, the compiled words are assembly routines, and they compile calls to their address.
- The data stack is pointed by the IX Z80 register.
- The compiler builds a TAP file ready to be loaded into a ZX Spectrum emulator. Maybe future versions will build also disk images for several disk operating systems.
- The compiler will include part of the Galope library and part of the Solo Forth library.